Orthodontics for Children
While most orthodontic treatment begins when all the adult teeth are present, sometimes early treatment is needed in children.
Early treatment allows your orthodontist to:
- Guide the growth of your child's jaw
- Regulate the width of the upper arch
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Eliminate thumb or finger-sucking
- Correct minor bite problems that may cause tooth or gum damage
For parents, it's not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment. Your dentist can help guide you with this decision.
Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation if you or your dentist feel that early treatment may be required.