Patients and Families of Orthodontic Associates,
We hope you have all continued to stay safe and well during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are excited and hopeful to get back to seeing you all soon. Assuming that the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s plan stays on track, we will be permitted to reopen on June 8. However, this has not yet been confirmed. Once it is confirmed, it will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages. For updates, follow us at: www.facebook.com/orthoassociatesNL/ www.instagram.com/orthoassociatesnl/
We will soon slowly start to reschedule all affected appointments. It is important to note that WE will contact YOU to reschedule your appointment and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to do so. Also note that if you originally had an appointment scheduled between now and the end of August 2020, please consider this appointment cancelled (unless you've heard from us otherwise).
As you are likely aware, there are many new restrictions that we must follow once we reopen to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. As a result, we will not be able to work at the same capacity as we have in the past. We have increased our working days and hired extra staff to help offset this, but even with all of these extras, things are going at a slower than normal pace right now. Therefore, we are asking for your understanding during this time as we attempt to create a schedule that will accommodate as many patients as possible; please be mindful that this new schedule will not allow all of you to be seen right away or perhaps as soon as you would like.
We will prioritize patient appointments based on the amount of time that a patient has gone without being seen (i.e. starting with those who were booked in March or earlier) and the specific treatment they are undergoing (i.e. patients who recently had surgery and those with certain appliances that could cause damage without being monitored). We kindly ask that you trust us to make appropriate decisions when it comes to having our team reschedule all affected appointments.
Again, it is important to note that WE will contact YOU to reschedule your appointment.
Remember to continue sending pictures as instructed in our last email message (sent in April) regarding Forsus appliances and torque springs. You only need to send pictures if you are more than 8 weeks past when you were originally scheduled to be seen. See pictures of these appliances below.
With all of that said, we have been hard at work getting our office ready for our reopening and we look forward to welcoming you! As you plan for your next visit please make note of the following to ensure everyone's care and safety:
1) We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. For patients that must be accompanied by an adult, only one will be allowed, if at all possible.
2) We ask that all patients and guardians entering the office wear a community mask, if at all possible.
2) Please brush your teeth before arriving at the office. Our tooth brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
3) When you arrive in our parking lot, please call us at our dedicated check in number, 579-7867, to let us know that you have arrived. Please use this number ONLY as this is not our regular office line. At this time, you will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions as a part of our wellness screening.
4) When you arrive inside, we will check your temperature. If your temperature is unusually high, we will reschedule your appointment.
5) Once you enter the clinic, we will ask you to rinse with oral peroxide rinse.
6) Should you wish to have a progress report of your child's orthodontic treatment, please have them bring along a cell phone to the appointment. We will record an update for you.
7) Please note that to be fair to all the patients who have not been seen during the past three months, we will not book your follow up appointment until we have a better idea of how long it will take to see everybody (with our new restrictions). We estimate it will take at least a month before you will be called to schedule your follow up appointment.
We care about you and are doing everything we possibly can to get back to making you smile. We promise you will not be forgotten. Thank you for being our patient. :)
Drs. Oliver & McGrath and the entire team at Orthodontic Associates